Tuesday, May 21, 2013

A $1000 Publishing Milestone for Iron Magic

My new Fantasy novel, Iron Magic, passed a milestone this week. I posted it on April fifth, and it went public on the next day. Since then it has earned me $1000. That mark was passed the day before yesterday. To say the least, I was pretty thrilled.
When I started this, I had pretty low expectations. Not very many new authors, with an untested book, make much money at all. That it has succeeded this well is far beyond my expectations. Sure, I think it is a great story, or I wouldn't have put it up in public with my own name attached. But there are piles and piles of books, many just as good as mine, that never sell beyond a few copies to family and friends. To everyone who bought it, THANKS!
I am hard at work on my next novel, part one of The Tale Of Jon Handshaker. The first few chapters are available on line, in a crude, unedited form, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment